Filed / Tracking Bullet flying around the gun to the left [01426]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by DiMithras, Apr 24, 2024.

1. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Build: v.1.11.6 4471
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: none
    SEED-ID: 1991

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Weapons

Summary: Weapon animation

Description: Probably a know bug. Sometimes pistol round is flying around to the left (see screenshot)

Steps to Reproduce: (steps to reproduce the issue. This is ESSENTIAL for a bugfix! please list the steps list this for example:)
    1) Not reproducible on purpose

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service & also attach a copy of your client log (& crashes log if a crash occurred):
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3230714601
    [​IMG]

2. treker_ed

treker_ed Ensign

In your picture it looks like a shell casing that has been ejected from the pistols chamber after the round has been fired. That is quite normal for any semi-automatic or full-automatic weapon. Shows that the animation is working. That's just my view on what I'm seeing, and as a person who has fired automatic and semi-automatic weapons in the armed forces, it's what I would expect to see.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I'm more concerned that the gun is ejecting out the left side, when almost all guns eject their spent casings out the right side away from the user's face.

DiMithras and Germanicus like this.
  4. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

As a left hander, and an ex military personnel, I couldn't be happier that it is ejecting out the left :p
    Let me tell you it was always real fun having hot brass constantly either hitting my face, trying to go down my shirt, or by magic trying to go down my right sleeve depending on particular loadout and firing position.

Even better when the unit has no deflectors for you to use....

5. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

I should have made a video. This happened right after selecting a pistol, not even firing it. Looking around it stays on the same spot.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

yes I've seen that too.